PDA

View Full Version : My review of the Arma 2 Multi-Hack

Panemon
09-28-2012, 10:46 PM
After getting myself banned in one day, using a hack from another site. (DC - horrible, never use them for anything) I was very surprised on how Tom has engineered his hook, and his ability to bypass all Battle Eye checks. I am certain that it was no easy task, because I am sure the methodology that BE uses is probably much different than PB uses.

It goes to show that we have an exceptional coder on this site, and the quality is superb. As I am no stranger to multi-hacks. I am still new to this site.

Years ago, I learned to do some simple coding myself, with my limited knowledge of x86 assembly language programming. Using old programs like Soft-ICE to break into the process memory of a program, setting breakpoints on a specific instructions execution, to find where values are being added/subtracted in memory, and being able to manipulate, and then restructure those mnemonics, so the program doesn't crash.

I have since abandoned further research and development on game hacks, due to the ever increasing technology of compilers that obfuscate code, making it harder to understand what is happening as a program is running. This requires a lot of time and patience, and math skills. (I hate math.)

Therefore, I completely understand why these hacks have to undergo major testing, for stability. Not to mention the process of updating a hack after the .exe has been patched, or especially if a hook has been detected. It's a lot of work!

So I respect all coders for their efforts, but it's the ones who only release their hacks when they're confident that the hack is undetectable, rather than some sites that will release something that hasn't been fully tested, then everyone gets banned the next day.

The Pros on this hack:
Has a lot of great features, everything you need without the use of scripts. (if you just wanted to use the hack without the script detection bypass) Overall making it a great hack.

Since this hack is still fairly new, it would probably be unfair at this time to post anything negative about it, and Tom appears to be taking care of any known issues right away. (Sometimes in the same day!)

I don't know if Tom plans on putting in an aimbot. It would be nice, however an aimbot feature remains controversial in many hack forums. As many people say it would ruin the game. I disagree with those who feel that way. Especially since I have scripts where I can mass kill everyone on a server with one button. So I don't think it would hurt to have an aimbot feature.

An improved client sided god mode feature would be nice, to avoid playershield from killing you; or from other misc. scripts/damages from killing you. I don't know if this is possible though.

Overall, I am very please with this hack, and I enjoy it despite some of the problems I am facing with some of the scripts I am using.

Poheart
10-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Thank you for your long & very detailed review,Panemon:)