PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2

FuzzCake
11-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Well, dang it, let's put these new sections to work.

Guild wars 2. Anyone playing it? Levels? Server? Enjoyment? etc.

I got my Elementalist to 80 last week. Which, is longer than it should have taken as I got to 40 within the first couple days of release. I ended up burning myself out of course. It's just VERY easy to level up.
Right now I have a few others, all under level 10.
My current pride and joy is "R Nixon" my thief. Purely due to the name. I had an Samuel "Afro" Jackson variant but switched it because a friend wanted me to check if I could make a Nixon thief...

That aside, the game seems pretty solid. Albeit, hitting level 80, I'm not sure what to do now other than level up more characters. Dungeons annoy me. PVP is meh anymore on my server. We were dominating ALL WvW since release until around the time I decided to start playing again so that's just a slaughter now. Last matching we were losing to "low tier" servers. Which is embarrassing compared to previous engagements.

Truth be told, I mainly bought the game to play with a friend as he's been a guild wars fanboy since the first one came out and I've dabbled in it since then, usually whenever an expansion came out.

Though, my main complaints are the Orr zones being really bad. Only because they were not what was expected and it's pretty much a let down. I, and quite a few others from my understanding, felt it would be more like WvW. It's not quite like that at all. Also, personal gripe, having to complete a rarely done series of events to access your final mission, which is a dungeon (albeit an easier variant of the real dungeon) is just silly. That and underwater combat. Underwater combat can just die.

Now I say something nice; Jumping puzzles. Jumping puzzles are the shit. I was quite fond of the mad kings clocktower in the recent halloween event as well. Bundle of fun there. Some of them are difficult due to my norns camera not playing nice with small enclosed areas but that aside, all good times.

...That's my general take on it.

lafreakybone
11-10-2012, 03:50 PM
yeah i okay on SoS with my 80 guardian.. guild [ace] Lafreakybone not enjoying it as much anymore pretty much logging in each day to do one event then logging out

22alec22
11-10-2012, 03:56 PM
I think Guild Wars 2 is quite good, but it just couldn't hold my attention i guess. The biggest issue was probably the fact that since school started back up this year i have been incredibly busy almost all the time. It's a lot easier to just get a few rounds in on an FPS than do much of anything in a MMORPG when you are on a limited timeframe. I had a lot of excitement for this game before it came out, and i pre-ordered it back in march, but i only got my Elementalist to somewhere in the 40's and my Necromancer to 21. I completely forgot about the Halloween event and I am pretty mad about that now. I hate missing holiday events. haha

FuzzCake
11-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Yeah, that's a bit of the problem.
The game, is still just a generic MMO. Albeit a pretty one, when you're not actually moving.
It's tough for me to play it. Occasionally my pal brings his laptop over and we play guild wars together, being cool guys like that, but I can't ever play it for more than 2-4 hours at the most. It's just...eh...an occasional game.

22alec22
11-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah, that's a bit of the problem.
The game, is still just a generic MMO. Albeit a pretty one, when you're not actually moving.
It's tough for me to play it. Occasionally my pal brings his laptop over and we play guild wars together, being cool guys like that, but I can't ever play it for more than 2-4 hours at the most. It's just...eh...an occasional game.

Yeah i agree. Back when I played WoW I could play that game for 5+ hours a day for months straight. I am always tempted to start playing it again, but I really don't feel like buying Pandaria AND paying monthly fees for it again... There's too many other things to worry about paying for.

veins
11-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I have never tried playing guild wars 2 before, but some of my friends saying it's not that great, because they think it reminds them of world of warcraft, but i'm wondering if it's worth the money.

FuzzCake
11-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Eh..
It's not for everyone. As we seem to have the consensus (all 3 of us at the moment) that it's just an OK game. Nothing wrong with it, but it's not something you'll play every day for hours after you get a week or so into it.

I wouldn't quite say WoW...mainly because everyone claims something reminds them of WoW. I guess if that's your first "big" opening to MMO's it may remind you to a certain extent, but having spent more of my life than I'm going to admit hopping from MMO to MMO and beta test to beta test I can say WoW is a pretty bad choice of comparison. Albeit I'd have to hear what specifically reminds them.

But is it worth your money? Eh. Maybe. It's not like you'll have to ever pay again so you're free to drop it and pick it up again when ever.

EDIT; If anyone wants to try the game out for free, let me know. They're doing a free preview access..thing.. from the 15th to the 18th. Just let me know and I'll send you a PM about it. Only gave me three codes and one of which I offered to veins as he mentioned not being sure if it was worth it.

So, yeah, 2 codes up for grabs. They're only good from 15th to 18th. No limits on content from what I can tell.

yabow
12-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I started playing about 3 months ago, and have a lvl 65 warrior. Theo only thing that I will say about the game is... The game leaves me wanting more. The dungeons are boring and spend way too much in repairs, no real class roles, GW2 actually made me start playing WoW again. Even though I am a complete FPS gamer (BF3). Thats my two sense.

Yabow

AlliAnZ
01-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Great game. I enjoy playing Rift also!